Monday, January 16, 2012

Jan. 16th- Framing cut

With the help of my wife and daughter, we spent Sunday afternoon measuring and cutting the frame wall for the left side. We ended up ripping 2/4's down the middle, so the width will give a little extra support, and it will be a bit wider on the inside (1/4").  I will drag out the tin to match everything up, and then assemble.  A dim light at the end of the tunnel.
New Post at 8:00- There is "straight...and there is "trailer straight".  I laid most of the posts out based on the measurements taken off the bottom sill plate and just shot some pin nails in to line the vertical posts.  Safe to assume everything would line up at a 90 degree angle.  I dragged all the tin sides out and just did a brief mapping to see how close I was...got some work to do.  I have to keep reminding myself this was done 60 years ago.  A little difference in craftsmanship.  Time to take a step back and try at a different angle.


No comments:

Post a Comment