Saturday, January 14, 2012

Jan. 14th - lumber prep

Bought 20 premium 2x4's and a couple pressure treated 10' 2x4's to do the top and bottom sill plates.  A huge thank you to my brother in law, Travis, for helping me rip everything (on a 10 year old $100 Craftsman table saw- way past it's time).  We split it all down the middle so it will give a little more strength- they are 1 1/2" x 1 3/4", as opposed to the 1 5/8" from the original.  Measurements will have to adjust a bit, but worth the math .  Also bought 6 lb. of stainless steel deck screws for assembly.  Those suckers weren't cheap, but I am planning on durability and making it last another 50 years for the next guy. Oh, and thank you Santa / mom for the great Rigid Miter saw.  A great investment and will last me a lifetime.
Tomorrow is assembly day.  My wife and daughter are now "active duty" on the rebuild. More to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment