Friday, January 6, 2012

Jan 6. 2012- I'm comitted now

Well- off to a rip roaring start for the new year...pun intended.  The tin is completely off all sides and the roof.  No sign of rain for a few days, so I figured best to make good use of the time.  It's looking a little rickety right now, but at least I have the full idea of what I have to work with.  Plenty of rot, but also plenty of salvageable studs.  I joked with my wife that all I wanted for Christmas is 50 2x2's.  Too big to stack under the tree, so I guess I'm Home Depot bound this weekend.  I am still thinking of leaving the current frame intact, and rebuilding the new one in the shop so they mirror exactly.  The reoccurring question from my wife..."are you sure you can put this back together?".  Guess we'll see.










No comments:

Post a Comment