Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nov. 20th - Windows done







Tah Dah- I pulled it off.  Got the windows almost all done.  I am missing one piece of glass for a louvered window (very thick, tinted type-special order), but everything is clean and reassembled.  The four small windows for the back and kitchen are all completed.  I replaced one piece of glass (that I actually broke while taking them apart), but they are scrubbed, brushed and polished.  New gaskets, glazing, trim and weatherstrip. The louvered windows have new brush trim on the sides of the glass, new weather bulb gasket at the bottom- just missing the weather strip at the top- got the wrong type at VTR.com.   I need new window screens on a couple frames, and I think I might try to insert a couple screens on the small windows that are missing.  I tucked them in the back of the shop and got everything cleaned for this coming Thanksgiving.  I am thankful to complete this task, and am wishful that when I finish skinning the trailer, there are no more surprises.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment