Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jan. 17th- Dry fit

Well- I have measured this old frame down to the 1/32" and tried to keep everything identical.  However, keep in mind, this original frame is sagging, rotting, decayed, and listing- nice model for a prototype.  I pieced everything down, cut out the tire "flame well" from a treated 2x6, and pin nailed it all to hold in shape.  Just to check progress and accuracy, I laid the tin back down.  Granted, it isn't nailed or straightened, but it comes pretty close on the edges and some windows.  Again, there is straight...and there is trailer straight.  Need a few adjustments.  I am considering flipping it and laying the frame out based on the the inside of the tin, but seems risky to square up once it goes upright.  There is always a bigger picture when it comes to every step of this, it's just trying to find out what it is?
An yes...I am having the time of my life.  It's just prolonging...



No comments:

Post a Comment