Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jan. 26th- one down

One wall down...now the challenge begins.  The other wall is pretty much structurally sound- looks like most of it was rebuilt in the near past.  The top rails are rotted,and I want to exchange the two posts of the door frame with 2x4's, but I think I can do that with it in place.  I am keeping the new wall in the garage for now, partly to keep it dry and let it set up, but mostly because I have nowhere else to put it.
Next step is to measure all the placements of the top/outside rails so they go back in place.  Once everything is marked, we can take the rest of the inner paneling off- my wife is convinced it's going to collapse- oh ye of little faith (truth be told, I have quite figured out how to support the frame walls while we reinstall the ceiling either).  It's sunny and in the mid 70's for a while, so we'll need to make some progress while the weather is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment